Wednesday, June 22, 2005
My Slump...
I have always had this obsession about my weight. I guess it’s because I used to be fat…I swear I will never look like that again. And what you see on TV doesn’t help…the media portrays the message that happiness and success come in this thin little body. I don’t want to be too thin, just loose the 20 lbs that I have put on since last October and get back into my size 6’s. Okay, now mom, when you read this, don’t freak out! It’s really hard to get motivated right now. I feel like I am in this slump, I’m not happy. I feel gloomy, like I am tired all the time, I could sleep all day. Maybe I am going through a mild depression. I know that one of the major side effects for Lexapro, the anxiety medication that I take, is tiredness. Another major side affect is weight gain, but that comes with just about any anti-anxiety med that you take…maybe I should think about switching meds. There are other side effects from my meds that I have notice too, but nothing so severe that have made me want to switch. For now I am going to start taking my Lexapro at night to see if that helps with the tiredness at all, and I have scheduled an appt to see my doctor, did I mention how cute he is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You go girl, I know you can do it! But seriously you look fabulous no matter what size you are! Woohoo a cute Dr. that is always fun!!!
No Kris I'm not freaking out...lol
My comment is for all you girls!
Genes can play a big roll...(excuse the pun) but really its because we all seem to put ourselves on the back burner.
Its called nurturing.
We tend to forget about our own needs and always put others first.
And we are our own worst enemy.
My suggestion> plan on 3 days per week just for yourselves.
Yes Jen even with children..lol
You need to create your own space sometimes.
Post a Comment