Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dental Torture

Well, I survived the much-dreaded root canal this afternoon.

Did you know it is now referred to "Root Canal Therapy"...what is so therapeutic about getting a root canal??? I guess adding TORTURE to the name would scare everyone off. First they numbed me up real well, I made sure I the Endodontist was very aware of what a puss I am and I told him that I require extra shots. Surprisingly, the rest was bearable. I appreciated that he actually believed me when I said, "Yep, I can still feel that," and he shot me up even more...Previous Dentists have been pretty ignorant and say things like, "Well, that's impossible! You couldn't possibly still be feeling pain in that tooth!"

After less then an hour of minor torture I drove myself home...I think the worst part about my day was the fact that I didn't even get any good pain killers out it...Can you believe it? I bet he's never had "Root Canal Therapy" before...He told me to take Advil...Like that's actually gonna work :)

1 comment:

Mittenkin said...

Hey U
Just think in 40 yrs the tooth will still be there.
Dentistry is still back in the dark ages....someday it might catch up with the rest of the tech industry. (lets hope)