Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I QUIT!!!


For those who don't know...As of today it has been 4 weeks since the last time I smoked!!! Woo Hoo for me!!! I haven't killed anyone yet...and trust me there have been times when I thought about it, and it had nothing to do with not being able to smoke, but that's a story for another time. Honestly, this isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be though. The toughest part is when I'm drinking, there's nothing like a cold beer and a cigarette, but the new Smokefree AZ law most definitely helps! Of course I get cravings, but I'm not going to go stand outside when it's 105' outside, even in the shade, just for a cigarette! The funniest thing happened when I was working out last week...I worked out really hard, had to get rid of some pent up anger. I was sweating so bad, it was way gross! Anyway, after my workout I was stretching my back, sitting on my knees with my chin curled into my chest...For the first time in years I didn't smell like an ashtray, and I realized that even though I smelled gross and sweaty, I still smelled really good, I could still smell the scent of my shampoo, my body spray, my fabric softener.

Now for the test...I'm going to Vegas June 9th for a wedding...How can I not smoke in Vegas? What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!

2 comments:

Mittenkin said...

See you can do WHAT EVER YOU WANT...when you put yourself to the true test!
You are a smart, fantastic and a perfect (like your Mom) person!!
Someday you will learn to trust what you really feel deep inside your soul. (Quit 2nd guessing)
I need to teach you how to SOUL search inside..hmmm a good lesson for you & Bri...??
I love you: To me you are PERFECT
Love ya: The Mom

Jennifer said...

Good for you! It is way to expensive and yes i would say standing outside in that heat would make anyone want to quit! So glad to hear that you are doing so good :)