Lat night I was taking Brianna to get her hair done and she was telling me about this boy that she likes, she said that he is sweeter than Derek...Then she asked me why I broke up with Derek, she thinks he's the greatest. I told her simply that Derek and I wanted different things, that I want to get married someday and he doesn't...Then the next thing I know I'm on this rampage about how I shouldn't have to settle, that yes, relationships are about comprimise, but that it should be 50/50...And even though Derek is a great guy I doubt he ever loved me the way that I want to or deserve to be loved. I don't think I'm asking for too much or that my standards are too high...But I want a man who loves me the way I am...not waiting and hoping that I would suddenly fit into and look really hot in a size 2...how every once in a while I want my guy to tell me that I look good when we're getting ready to go out, to treat me like I'm the one that he wants to be with...Basically it was all about what I want and what I deserve, that I think I've got some great attributes and I expect to be treated that way...This went one for like 15 minutes, poor Brianna she had no idea what she was getting herself into...
All this positive self-esteem crap has got to be due to the damn Dr. Phil books that mom's got me reading...or it's the whole quitting smoking, maybe I'm going crazy!It's the New and Improved Me!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I like it!! You do deserve everything you said and more!
Agreed, you definitely deserve that and so much more!!
Damn it is so hard to improve on perfection!!
You have to stop debating whether or not you deserve something so right for you.
Do you remember the "old" movie with Tom Cruise?
There is a sentence in it that says..."sometimes you just have to say: What the F... and get on with it!!
Love ya: The Mom
Post a Comment