I know I’m a few days late, but I’ve been giving a lot of thought to my New Years Resolutions…Originally I was only going to have 1 resolution and that was NOT to make any resolutions. I know a lot of people who use this excuse…but I think this is a regrettable resolution because this implies that these people have no plans to improve.
Why do I think people have given up on resolutions? Well, for me personally it was because I became discouraged by my past failures. But, were my past resolutions really resolutions at all? Or were they wishes? For example, “This year I plan on losing weight.” But really my heart was saying, “Wouldn’t it be nice if I lost weight? I hope I do.” That’s not a plan; that’s a fanciful dream…no wonder I failed…and when my resolutions came tumbling down, all I had left is disappointment and broken promises.
So, I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way to make a resolution and that is to make a commitment…a passionate plan. I am going to be passionate about achieving my goals and come up with a plan on how to do it…this year it is not going to be something that merely happens to me…Rather, I am going to make things happen. I am in control.
Will I resolve to become MORE than what I am today or will I resolve to become LESS than I am capable of becoming?”
I am going to be as specific as possible…not just say that I want to lose some weight or drink more water and less diet coke…So here are my resolutions for 2006:
- Lose 10 lbs by April 29th 2006 by eating healthy and exercising everyday
- Drink at least 1 gallon of water each day
- Drink less soda, only 1 diet coke per day
- Enroll in and complete 2 college courses
- Cross at least 4 things off my list of Things to do Before I Die
Now, I just need to come up with a plan...I realize that I can not accomplish all of this at once, so I will be patient, focused and persistent. I am sure that there will be bumps in the road, but I will not get discouraged, I will just pick myself up and continue…
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I only have *ONE question?
Why do you have to have a PLAN for everything?
What is wrong with FATE?
Or maybe just taking the BULL by the horns?
You can resolve to do whatever and you can set delines for yourself.
But...Just maybe GOD has a different plan for you.
You can't be afraid of a curve or a hill in the road of life.
I love U....Mom
Great resolutions, or not resolutions...plan...whatever you are calling them!!! he-he, look at your mom's post, it's so great!! She should be a therapist or something :)
Post a Comment