Friday, December 29, 2006

First Kiss

Recently I was talking with one of my friends about first kisses...My first kiss is something that I’ll never forget.

I lived in Holly, MI...It was the summer between 6th and 7th grade. We were standing on the corner of Marion Dr. & Winifred Dr, between Tina’s house and my house. Tina and her boyfriend were there, so the pressure was on...they kissed a lot. The street lights came on, it was getting dark, I could hear my dad hollering for me, it was time to get home. I was so nervous and scared…what if I don’t like it, what if I’m really bad at it, what if I throw up??? I kept trying to think of reasons why I shouldn’t do it! All these thoughts going through my head, and Tina standing there saying “Just kiss him already”. I really didn’t want to, but the pressure…If I didn’t kiss him I would be the laughing stock of all of my friends, and I would known as a prude…I had no choice! I hollered back at my dad to let him know I was on my way…took a deep breath, threw my arms around his neck, closed my eyes tight, and puckered up. No big deal right??? Then he did the unthinkable, he stuck his tongue in my mouth. I don’t really remember what technique he used, if any, do boys that age have a technique? I just remember thinking that it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, that I wasn’t going to die and I was sure that something so nice couldn’t cause cooties. I skipped the whole way home! Even though our little relationship didn’t last long after that, I have always had crush on him.

I believe that most people remember their firsts…first crush, first kiss, first time to 2nd base, first time…you get the idea. Maybe it was just puppy love, but what was it about that boy that was able to make my heart race and my knees go weak? Having said that, why is it that I’m not able to find a man who is able to make me all giddy, that can make my heart race, my knees weak, give me that same butterflies in the stomach feeling or can make me want to skip anywhere?

2 comments:

Mittenkin said...

Maybe you should just tell us his name so we can find him for you...You know me> Mommy meddler...LOL
Love you: The MOM

azkristen9 said...

I can't believe that people (especially Mom) don't remember who my 1st kiss was with...