Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Mark
I'm not sure how many of you know about my friend Mark, he is in the Arizona State Prison in Florence. I've known him for more than 10 years...since the ex-boyfriend Matt. We go way back and we had been through a lot together. In 1998 Mark was at a desert party and a girl was killed by a bullet from "random gunfire". Mark was arrested and charged with 2nd Degree Murder. Mark's attorney was a Public Pretender, I mean Public Defender, so basically Mark was SOL. The Prosecution couldn't prove that he did do it, but at the same time his attorney couldn't prove that he didn't do it...so he was convicted of Manslaughter. Anyway, we have kept in touch over the years but it wasn't until recently that I decided to go visit him. I was afraid to have to deal with things from the past, the abusive ex-boyfriend, the drugs, my life being out of control. Visiting him meant I would have to deal with all of this and I wasn't sure that I was ready for that. It is actually one of the best desicsions, it's been quite theraputic, I'm just sorry that has taken this long for me to realize this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sometimes the things you think you can't handle or aren't ready for turn out to be the best things. Funny how it works that way. I am so happy to hear that you are figuring things out for yourself!!
Darn: How come I missed this blog?
Not a bad story kid.
I'm extremely happy you've worked out some of the situations from the past. Better for it too...and more grounded.
It's better than keeping it all bottled up inside. (Thanks Mark!)
Love ya
Post a Comment