Thursday, September 28, 2006

Does He Like Me?

Since I’m not 12 years old anymore I am beyond the does he like or does he like me like me phase. I guess I shouldn’t get my friends to ask him and pretend that I don’t know they’re asking and sending a note with boxes to check (yes, no, maybe) is also a bit out of bounds at this stage in life.

I’m old enough (29) and mature enough to go beyond these childish tricks…even though they used to be very reliable back in the day. I should be able to tell if a man’s attracted to me right? So why am I totally confused about the “New Guy”. All of the obvious signs are there…He looks at me, not in an “I want to sex you up” kinda way, but really looks at me. He listens to me…women (especially me) talk a lot more than men…the fact that he isn’t on autopilot when I’m talking, that I don’t have to mention beer, sports, or sex to get a reaction is good right? He makes me laugh…and this is very important to me, all women want a man with a sense of humor. He has manners, he opens doors for me (except the car door…it doesn’t work). But honestly most men are so ill behaved that getting them to do anything nice is a definite bonus.

Sounds like he likes me likes me right? I was sure that I had him hook, line and sinker…but now I’m not so sure.

Here’s my question of the day, or should I say my temper tantrum for the day!!! This is something for everyone to think about…why can’t a man ever call when he says he will? Why, when a man says he’ll call later, it’s like days, weeks later??? After you’ve already gone out a few times and he’s called a few times he is not allowed to invoke the 2 day rule, this rule is null and void…a man should no longer be aloud to wait 2 days to call…this rule only applies when they first get your digits. Why does this have to be some big mystery, do they not know how to tell time? It’s not like I sit by my phone waiting for him to call, staring at it trying to make it ring…but how inconsiderate can he be?

1 comment:

Mittenkin said...

maybe he's afraid that YOU are out of his ballpark.
I've told you...*FOREVER* that is it always up to the woman to make (or) take the 1st big move!
Remember, a stone will gather moss...a rolling stone only plays good music :-)....LOL
Just come right out and ask him> to marry you from the get go...ask if he preferes winter or spring...that should spark a good conversation. (in case you forgot that's how I came to marry your DAD..1st date> no sex..I just asked him if he wanted to get married...I never gave him a choice as to seasons...lol
It works wonders!!
No questions...means there can't be an answer...just get some balls kid...what do you have to lose???????????????
I LOVE YOU
(I'm sure others will agree)