Tuesday, October 10, 2006

1st Week

I’ve spent last week adjusting to my new apartment and my new routine of independent singledom. Think about it…from the time I was 0-22 I lived with my parents, from 22-22 I lived with “Dickhead”, from 22-25 I moved back in with my parents, and from 25-a week ago I lived with Derek, so this is a whole new experience. Okay, so technically I don’t live alone, I do have a roommate…Steve. And even though I have a roommate I am thoroughly enjoying my independence. I slept in yesterday until 10:30am, and I didn’t feel guilty. I haven’t been able to do that in such a long time. I don’t have to answer to anyone, don’t have to cook for anyone, don’t have to pick up after anyone, I am able to make my own decisions or mistakes, I have sole ownership of the remote control (Steve’s not a big TV guy)…I realize that all of this must sound extremely selfish, but after all this time of not being selfish I think I deserve to focus on me for a little while.

1 comment:

Mittenkin said...

Yeppers...I've decided that I'm GREEN w/ENVY!!!
I just keep waiting until I get old enough..and senile enough not to give a rip.
No guilt...what's that?
Love ya