I began feeling sick on Friday I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose..."No time for getting sick" was my motto. I had plans for the weekend ahead. My sore throat grew worse throughout the day, and I am sure that with the way my body was aching I had a fever also. I should have taken the hint and slowed down a bit, but it was the weekend and Saturday was Oktoberfest. Friday after work and after a few cocktails with the girls I decided to stop at Wal-Mart to buy cold medicine, and to purchase "Click"...not the best Adam Sandler movie but it was still pretty good. After stocking up on Airborne, Zycam, Nyquil, Dayquil, and Tylenol I headed home, put on my jammies, curled up on the couch and watched my movie. Pretty exciting stuff for a single girl on a Friday Night, huh?
Saturday I woke up feeling a little better...I actually had myself convinced that I wasn't sick after all, that despite the occasional dizzy spells, I was just suffering from a day or two of bad allergies…I was determined to make it to Oktoberfest.
I woke up on Sunday feeling like I was suffocating, like I smoked several packs of cigarettes. My eyes were watery, my nose was runny, I was wheezing, my body ached all over. I knew at this point that I was in fact sick…I was actually hoping for this to be just a really awful hangover, but as the day went on my symptoms only grew worse. I slept on the couch for most of the day, New Guy asked me to meet him for a drink and I had to say no. As much as I would have liked to, I knew that if I looked as bad as I was feeling he would have turned and run the other way as soon as he saw me! I took some Nyquil, rubbed Vic’s on my neck and chest and crawled my sorry sick ass into bed. I knew before I fell asleep that I would not be going into work on Monday.
Even though I was sure it wasn't possible I actually felt worse on Monday. Now my left ear was hurting…what the hell? Here I am 29 years old and I’m getting an ear infection??? As much as I am a hypochondriac I did not want to go to the Doctor, but after lying in bed with a warm washcloth on my ear Tuesday morning, and not going into work until lunch I thought I better bite bullet and go see my Doctor. I was given prescriptions for antibiotics and ear drops…nothing fun like Percocet or Soma though…I have an upper respiratory infection (bronchitis) and an ear infection. Like I needed to see a Doctor to find that out?
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
this is ANOTHER great example of new guy asking her out and getting shot down..i'm not saying the excuses aren't good..but they are plenty.....new guy.
Dear NEW GUY!!
Please take my advice...Just show up at her door...tell her to get her act together...NOW> because the 2 of you are going out!!
(especially, if your serious about wanting MORE!)
Love ya: Mom
Dear Kris...please get over the 29 crap..it wigs me out..lol :-)
Oh...Love You also...
Post a Comment