Monday, October 30, 2006

Arachnophobia

As most of you know my fear of spiders is worse than arachnophobia. I will either kill a spider myself (not that often) or find someone bigger to do the job. Some might argue that killing the spider is unnecessary. I absolutely disagree, they are repulsive!!! Don’t talk to me about how helpful they are…To me killing a spider is merely self-defense. My bedroom is not a haven for arachnids! Those of you who know me also know that I am a huge chicken and I did not actually kill said spiders myself.

They were huge! Friday night was my encounter with the first one…Brianna, my niece, and I were sitting on my bed playing with my laptop when I glanced over at the wall…and there it was, this huge, monstrous sized spider. I ran out of the room and knocked on Steve’s bedroom door, keep in mind it’s about 1:30am. When I told him that what was wrong, he just said okay and fell back to sleep…Poor Steve, he probably didn’t realize he was moving in with such a puss when it comes to bugs. I stood there wondering what to do now, I wanted my daddy! Thank god for Brianna, if she hadn’t been there I would have been stuck sleeping on the couch! How sad is that? My 15 year old niece had to kill the spider…I think I heard her laughing at me and calling me a sissy while she was putting me out of my misery.

Sunday afternoon was the dreaded second encounter. I walked into my bedroom, turned on the light, and just happened to glance up. Good thing I did too…there it was on the ceiling. A few years back I was stuck my bedroom for almost 30 minutes before because I refuse to walk under a spider. I had to wait for someone to get home to kill it. What if it fell on me, or what if it jumps on me. Spiders can jump ya know! I would freakin’ die of a heart attack!!! Once I spotted the demon on the ceiling I ran to Steve’s room, knocked on the door, and in the most sincerely whiney voice I told Steve that there was another spider in my room, could he please come kill it for me? (Since I am the biggest puss in the world). I also informed him that I will be making a call to the leasing office to have the apartment sprayed for insects this week.

1 comment:

Mittenkin said...

Ok...so the creepy little critters arn't something we would want...why don't you just buy> spider spray??? Yes they do have such a thing. (Hmmm that would make a good house warming gift..hahaha)
Plus> just think of the enjoyment you would get from killing it yourself?
Yeah I think I'd report it also..you never know what kind they are??
(do you know that *hair spray* also kills them...and makes it so they can't jump)
Love ya: The Mom