Let me start by saying we are entering my favorite time of the year!! I love the Christmas Season, from Thanksgiving to Christmas...the good feelings, time spent with friends/family, and the feeling in the air that there are good things happening. Have you ever noticed how it seems that people are more giving and forgiving during this time of year? I love all the get togethers (any reason for party), there is hardly anything about this season that I don't like!!!
But I never realized what torture the holidays really are for single people…Even movies have noted the how tormented the “singletons” are during this festive time of year. When did this happen? Has it always been this way and I am just now noticing it because this is the first time since I was 18 that I am single for Christmas??? Of all of my relatives (under 18 not included) I am the most single, even my single cousins have kids. Today during lunch I was talking w/ my friends and mentioned that I hope that Derek is going to his sisters for Christmas Eve so that I can spend the evening with Titus…and I just realized how utterly pathetic that sounds!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I can totally sympathize with you about this fact.
However: Does anyone really understand what it is like to be a parent of someone away from home in the military? Or how a widow/widower feels during this time of year?
I have come to the conclusion that Christmas is ONLY for children who have parents with deep pockets.
Or...maybe this is the way it is suppose to be without the religious belief of Christ...(according to many religious factions)
Do I sound envious over it?..NO I'm not at all..Many religions have God with NO Christ..and NO christmas...makes you wonder doesn't it?
If you want to spend time with your poochie then that is what you should do...and> don't feel weird about it...don't be a follower. Do what you feel good about!
I Love You: The MOM
I have such happy memories of the holidays last year when Scott and I were in town and you came over to see us, but really Troy! We taught you how to play gut!
I am with you this year....bah humbug.
Road trip, road trip.....how bout you come and spend xmas here!?! Then you won't have to be alone :)
Hmmm...Christmas in MI??? Right, I would freeze my ass off!!!!
What ASS???????????
Love ya: The MOM
Post a Comment